Beauty. Fashion. Nutrition. Recipes. Fitness. Lifestyle. Travel. Literature.

Saturday, 13 May 2017

Review: Paramore - After Laughter


Basic informations:
  • Released: 12th May, 2017
  • Genre: New wave, pop rock, synth-pop
  • Length: 42:31
  • Label: Fueled by Ramen
 After four years the new record by Paramore finally here! I was so excited but also nervous because of their new sound. It's far away from their punk-rock beginning. Which isn't bad but I just hoped that I like their new sound. The music is really 80ths with a lot of synthesizers and less e-guitar. The whole record is basically about being lost, going through difficult situations, having a hard time and don't know what to do or how to do it. It's really a record about the time "after laughter".

My favourite songs are Hard Times - the first single, Rose-Colored Boy - listen to it on repeat, Caught in the middle, Idle Worship and Tell Me How. I don't like "No friend". I don't really get this song, I can't understand a word and literally nothing happens in this song. Hard Times really start the road of the record. It combines more serious lyrics with a uplifting pop sound. I really like this mix between this, also the music is really catchy. Rose-Colored Boy is probably my favourite song of the record. I love the lyrics and what's its about. It's about someone with depression and another person who wants to help but only makes it worse. Told You So, the second single, is also a great song. I really love the verse but don't really like the refrain. It don't like this way of singing, with pause between almost every word. It just seems "clipped". Forgiveness and 26 are two of three balads on the record. The music is really nice and the lyrics are so amazing. I love the line "There's still a thread that runs from your body to mine; And you can't break what you don't see, an invisible line" in Forgivess and "Reality will break your heart; Survival will not be the hardest part; It's keeping all your hopes alive; When all the rest of you has died; So let it break your heart" in the song 26. The singer, Hayley Williams, sings about her experience with living in a dream world, maybe sometimes lose the sight on reality. It's really touching. Pool and Grudges are also great songs, but not one of my favourite. Pool is literally about a love that sucks you in. Both have nice melodies as well. Caught in the middle has a really nice melodie in the refrain and it's also about Hayley Williams being caught in her dreams "I was dreamin' life away; All the while just going blind". Idle Worship is about hero worship. Hayley explaines that she isn't a hero and that there are not heroes worthy enough in the current time "We all got problems, don't we?; We all need heroes, don't we?; But rest assured, there's not a single person here who's worthy". Tell me how is the third balad and closes the record with question "Tell me how to feel about you now". It's about two persons that don't know how to feel about each other, people who may breaked apart.

The record is different, but good. I don't like some parts of different songs but I only don't like one whole song. Every other song has parts that are magical and amazing. It's a great record for a fresh start and I hope they enter some happier times now and leave the Hard Times behind.

Favourite Lyrics:
  • These lives, and I still don't know how I even survive ("Hard Times")
  • I want you to stop insisting that I'm not a lost cause; 'Cause I've been through a lot ("Rose-Colored Boy")
  • You say my eyes are getting too dark now; But boy, you ain't ever seen my mind ("Rose-Colored Boy")
  • There's still a thread that runs from your body to mine; And you can't break what you don't see, an invisible line ("Forgiveness")
  • And I've been chasing after dreamers in the clouds; After all wasn't I the one who said; To keep your feet on the ground? ("26")
  • And they say that dreaming is free; But I wouldn't care what it cost me ("26")
  • Reality will break your heart; Survival will not be the hardest part; It's keeping all your hopes alive; When all the rest of you has died; So let it break your heart ("26")
  • I was dreamin' life away; All the while just going blind; Can't see the forest for the trees; Behind the lids of my own eyes; Nostalgia's cool, but it won't help me now; A dream is good, if you don't wear it out ("Caught in the middle")
  • We all got problems, don't we?; We all need heroes, don't we?; But rest assured, there's not a single person here who's worthy ("Idle Worship")
  • Of all the weapons you fight with; Your silence is the most violent ("Tell Me How")

Rating: 4 / 5

Tracklist:
All tracks written by Hayley Williams and Taylor York, except where noted. All songs produced by York and Justin Meldal-Johnsen.
  1. Hard Times ♥
  2. Rose-Colored Boy (Williams, York, Zac Farro) ♥
  3. Told You So
  4. Forgiveness
  5. Fake Happy
  6. 26
  7. Pool (Williams, York, Farro
  8. Grudges (Williams, York, Farro)
  9. Caught in the Middle ♥
  10. Idle Worship ♥
  11. No Friend (Aaron Weiss, Williams, York)
  12. Tell Me How ♥

Listen to it on Spotify:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig